Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com> on 2007/03/01 06:19:47 UTC

FAQ from old WIki

Hi,

I wonder if we should not create an official FAQ. And then maybe in a 1st time migrate (and complete) the one in old wiki. I will be happy to do it if I'm sure it's of interest and will being official after some reviews.

There are a lot of interesting things that for now stay in the old wiki. Should we try to migrate them. Will they be official later (after review) ?

WDYT ?

Jacques

Re: FAQ from old WIki

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
I already began to create one in my personnal Confluence space. I will
continue, and propose it later. Some recipes may be keep in official
list. If some of us were doing the same, we might finish with a real
interesting FAQ.
Notice that Opentaps cookbooks (if Opentaps team is ok ?) and old wiki
faq may be already interesting at this stage. Some points in them I
mean, not necessarily all.

Of course the main goal is to avoid to repeat over and over the same
answers...Faq may also be more than that. We may use only links to
existing ressources. Just having one centralisation point is the idea. I
will try to coordinate work of interested people.

Jacques

Posted by "David E. Jones" <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Re: FAQ from old WIki

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
I took a look *into* FAQ questions. Most are empty. Thinking a bit after
that, I guess this does not worth the work. As it is the FAQ can stay
there. I realised also that now we get less and less newbies messages on
user ML. I believe the reason is that mostly newbies use Opentaps; hence
its SourceForge forum before sometimes coming to OFBiz user ML. So maybe
a real good FAQ should better be for Opentaps (I searched I did not find
one).

Anyway, If now we find new recurring questions on user ML, we may create
a FAQ for them... Most softwares (open source or commercial) have a FAQ
why not OFBiz ?

Jacques