Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Galbreath, Mark" <Ga...@tessco.com> on 2002/09/24 14:04:01 UTC

RE: [OT][WORKFLOW] Any best practice for "back", "save", "continu e" buttons?

Ahhh yes, the bane of web app developers!  I solved this problem with
JavaScript and cookies - no browser back operations allowed!

And spare me the "what if JavaScript is turned off" noise - it just doesn't
happen in the REAL world.

Mark

Posted by Daniel Jaffa <ja...@courtinnovation.org>.
But do you have to worry about people that disable javascript, check to see
if they do and if they do not tell them that they have to enable Javascript
to use your site.
Posted by Andrew Hill <an...@gridnode.com>.
Id be dead without JS, and I think people would be silly to disable it, but
cookies is another matter. I can understand folk disabling those...

--
Eddie Bush

Re: [OT][WORKFLOW] Any best practice for "back", "save", "continu e" buttons?

Posted by Eddie Bush <ek...@swbell.net>.

Posted by Andrew Hill <an...@gridnode.com>.
Would your solution work without the cookies (ie: just the JS)? (Im trying
to avoid cookies if I can, though if I cant I wont be too worried).
Any chance you could share your technique?