Posted to users@marmotta.apache.org by Santiago Gonzalez Toral <he...@gmail.com> on 2015/08/08 00:15:44 UTC

How to start Scheduler in Marmotta

Hi,

I had a look at the example on how to use the scheduler module in LMF at
https://bitbucket.org/srfgkmt/lmf/wiki/Module-Scheduler. How can I use this
feature inside marmotta? I injected the QuartzService into my custom
service but I don't know how to start it.

--
Kind Regards
Santiago González Toral

Re: How to start Scheduler in Marmotta

Posted by Sergio Fernández <wi...@apache.org>.
Hi Santiago,

On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 5:54 PM, Santiago Gonzalez Toral <
hernangt12re3@gmail.com> wrote:

> Today, I figure out that after executing one of the REST services that my
> custom module has, the scheduled service starts. So, when I do this, the
> method annotated with @PostConstruct executes. Is there a way to run this
> method when CDI loads the module in the platform startup ?

Many IoC frameworks do only construct the beans when they're actually
required (e.g., they need to be injected by a service).

If you want to react when the platform actually starts up, you can observe
the event by adding to your service a method like:

    public void onSystemStartupEvent(@Observes SystemStartupEvent event) {
        //do whatever you want to do on startup
    }

Hope that helps.