Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Rademacher Tobias <To...@grob.de> on 2002/09/27 12:54:49 UTC

[Cust-Taglibs] How to mark a option using html:select?

I'm currently struggling with the fine custom taglibs of struts.

I have question about the selection tag. I'm currently using:

    	         style="margin-left:25%"

      			    labelProperty="name"
      			    property="name"
       />

Works fine. But anyway I want to get a specfic option marked, how do I do
this?

The following code fails in Catalina 4.0.3

    	         style="margin-left:25%"
		   value="<bean:write name="user" property="company"/>"

      			    labelProperty="name"
      			    property="name"
       />

What did I wrong? Assing fix string to value attrib works fine. But not a
dynamically assinged value?
How can I achive that?

Thx for any help.

Bye
Toby

PS: What is the difference of html:options and html:optionsCollection? The
docu of the last metioned tag  is fairly poor.