Posted to user@vcl.apache.org by "MARTINEZ, ARIEL" <AM...@hostos.cuny.edu> on 2020/04/28 20:26:47 UTC

RE: [EXTERNAL] Re: General VCL Questions

Hello Josh,

Thank you for following up on this. Would you be able to share information regarding how you integrated Apache Guacamole? We would definitely like to consider evaluating and deploying VCL on premise. Thanks

Posted by "MARTINEZ, ARIEL" <AM...@hostos.cuny.edu>.
Hi Josh,

We are not there yet, still planning the architecture but expect to start installing the components soon. As long as it doesn't require changing the VCL architecture much, then its always something that can be added afterwards. Thanks again.

Ariel

Getting Guacamole working with VCL is definitely something I will be sharing at some point.  I'm sure there are other people interested in using it too.
It will take me a few hours to get written up.  I have some other higher priority things to be working on first.  If you get to the point of being ready to actually set it up and I haven't written it up yet, feel free to ping me, and I'll try to work it in sooner.

Josh

--
-------------------------------
Josh Thompson

Josh_Thompson@ncsu.edu
919-515-5323

my GPG/PGP key can be found at www.keyserver.net

All electronic mail messages in connection with State business which are sent to or received by this account are subject to the NC Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties.

Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: General VCL Questions

Posted by Josh Thompson <jo...@ncsu.edu>.

Hi Nam,

I ran Guacamole on a Linux host and used it to connect to Windows 10 VMs over
RDP.  You said "in" Windows server.  Did you mean running the Guacamole host
on Windows, or connecting to Windows server?  If connecting to Windows server,
it should work fine since it is just connecting over RDP.  I have no idea if
Guacamole itself can be installed on Windows server.  Guacamole is a gateway
system that runs between the user and the system the user is connecting to.

Josh

On Wednesday, May 20, 2020 2:03:12 PM EDT nam kim wrote:
> Is Guacamole working in Windows server too?
>
> On Wed, May 20, 2020 at 10:40 AM MARTINEZ, ARIEL <AM...@hostos.cuny.edu>
> wrote:
> > Hi Josh,
> >
> > We are just about ready to get to that point of connecting to VM
> > reservations. For the Guacamole integration is it more or less follow
> > Guacamole instructions or are changes required in the VCL code in order to
> > integrate it?
> >
> > Thanks.

- --
- -------------------------------
Josh Thompson
VCL Developer
North Carolina State University

my GPG/PGP key can be found on pool.sks-keyservers.net

Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: General VCL Questions

Posted by nam kim <na...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "MARTINEZ, ARIEL" <AM...@hostos.cuny.edu>.
Hi Josh,

--