Posted to users@marmotta.apache.org by Alessandra Donnini <a....@etcware.it> on 2013/07/26 19:39:38 UTC

marmotta and LMF

I used LMF and now I'm installing marmotta. In LMF there was a SKOS thesaurus manager and Stanbol. Is it possible to include these two products in marmotta in the same way?
They was more or less integrated, if I generate a thesaurus this was included in triple store.
Thanks Alessandra

Re: marmotta and LMF

Posted by Sergio Fernández <wi...@apache.org>.
Dear Alessandra,

although it's possible playing with the Maven artifacts, that's
basically what LMF does.

But Apache Marmotta is intentionally focus on Linked Data publishing.
Therefore, all the media related features, such as semantic search,
thesauri management or information extraction, are a bit out of its scope.

Therefore, if you want to keep using such features, I'd recommend you to
directly use LMF, which in the ends uses Marmotta.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Sergio

--