Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Schulze Christian <ch...@siemens.com> on 2002/03/26 14:12:36 UTC

Tomcat, Webapp, Apache and mod_ssl, Protocol is switching

Hi

I have a problem with my configuration of tomcat connected to apache (with
mod_ssl) via mod_webapp

Apache is configured to listen to Port 80 and 443,

connecting to
https://intra.home.de/examples  gives an '404 not found'  (Why that ? this
worked with apache an JRun)

https://intra.home.de/examples/ works fine (note the trailing slash)
but when I click on the link 'servlets' of this page, I get an error
'404 Bad Request,
Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
Reason: You're speaking plain HTTP to an SSL-enabled server port.
Instead use the HTTPS scheme to access this URL, please.

The adress shown in my Browser says:
'http://intra.home.de:443/examples/servlets/index.html'

But when I type https://intra.home.de/examples/servlets/index.html directly
in my Browser it works.

Why is Tomcat switching the protocol from https to http ?

As far as I understand the webapp-module everything should work
transparently  ? ...

Can anybody help me ?
Where am I wrong ?

Christian Schulze