Posted to dev@openmeetings.apache.org by sherry safdar <sh...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/21 07:43:30 UTC

openmeeting reqirements.

Hi Everybody,

I'm looking for a VPS/ Server on a solid host that has a network that will
be friendly to Video Conferencing on Linux. I'll mainly use it for
OpenMeetings.

I need 2 - 4GBs of RAM mainly, 30GB-40GBs space with a reasonable IO speed.
Most importantly is I need them to be on a network that has good
connectivity to Dubai/ Jordan MiddleEast Also I need it with low latency.

At the moment it is going to be mainly used by around 10-30 users at any
one time.

Also what are the hardware requirements to run OpenMeetings?

Re: openmeeting reqirements.

Posted by Alexei Fedotov <al...@gmail.com>.
Hello Sherry,

You need 4 Gb dual core server with internet connection being a chokepoint.
The more bandwidth you have the better. In low resolution webinar mode the
minimum bandwidth for 20 users is 5 Mbps.

The location of the server is up to you to decide. You can use a datacenter.