Posted to modules-dev@httpd.apache.org by oh...@cox.net on 2013/04/02 08:20:04 UTC

Apache 2.4.4 - undefined symbol: ap_log_rerror

Hi,

We use a 3rd party module that works fine with Apache 2.2.x, but when we try it with Apache 2.4.4, we get the Subject error:

undefined symbol: ap_log_rerror

>From searching, this is due to changes in Apache 2.4, and what I've seen says that the module needs to be re-compiled for Apache 2.4.

However, we don't have access to the source for the module (it's an Oracle module), and they are not saying when or if they'd modify the module for Apache 2.4.x, so I was wondering if there is any way to work around this.

What I'm thinking/wondering if it'd be possible to LoadModule whatever module exports that ap_log_rerror (and probably other ap_ symbols), then maybe this would work?

So, I was wondering if anyone tell me which shared library/.so that ap_log_rerror is exported from?

Thanks,
Jim

Re: Apache 2.4.4 - undefined symbol: ap_log_rerror

Posted by oh...@cox.net.
Hi Jeff et al,

Thanks for responding.  I was kind of afraid (but expected) that that'd be the situation :(...

Yours,
Jim

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com>.

--
Born in Roswell... married an alien...
http://emptyhammock.com/

Re: Apache 2.4.4 - undefined symbol: ap_log_rerror