Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Joe Stein <cr...@gmail.com> on 2012/09/20 04:26:33 UTC

[VOTE] Release Kafka 0.7.2-incubating (Candidate 1)

Hello,

This is the first candidate for the third incubator release for Apache
Kafka, version 0.7.2-incubating.

This release fixes the following issues
http://people.apache.org/~joestein/kafka-0.7.2-incubating-candidate-1/RELEASE-NOTES.html

*** Please download, test and vote by Monday September, 24th, 12pm PDT ***

Release artifacts to be voted upon:
https://people.apache.org/~joestein/kafka-0.7.2-incubating-candidate-1/

The tag (off the 0.7.2 branch) for release artifacts:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/kafka/tags/kafka-0.7.2-incubating-candidate-1

Kafka's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/kafka/KEYS

/*
Joe Stein
http://www.linkedin.com/in/charmalloc
*/

Re: [VOTE] Release Kafka 0.7.2-incubating (Candidate 1)

Posted by Jay Kreps <ja...@gmail.com>.
Makes sense.

-Jay

Posted by Joe Stein <cr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jay Kreps <ja...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.
I recommend that we just remove all client libraries in this release. The
owner of a client library can always retrieve the code from svn, put it in
a separate repository and link it to our wiki.

Thanks,

Jun

Posted by David Arthur <mu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Lorenzo Alberton <l....@gmail.com>.