Posted to log4php-dev@logging.apache.org by Ivan Habunek <iv...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/17 09:59:29 UTC

Problems with the mongodb appender

Hi Vladimír,

I'm working on a new release of log4php and having issues with the mongodb
appender.

Running tests on php5.5 with php-mongo driver 1.4.5. produces warnings
which break tests. I have created an issue for this:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4PHP-219

Do you think we need to keep support for older versions of the driver? It
makes the code clunky, and it throws warnings which break tests. If we
really do, maybe we should create separate appenders?

You have more experience than me with mongodb. Do you have the time to work
on this?

Regards,
Ivan

Re: Problems with the mongodb appender

Posted by Vladimír Gorej <go...@codescale.net>.
> What do you mean by "from php5.5"? It still works with older versions of
PHP, right?

I will fix the code, so it doesn't raise warnings on PHP 5.5. I'll try to
make it also work on older versions without raising warnings.

> There's no set date yet. You probably have a couple of weeks at least.
There's still have some things to finish. Is that time enough?

That's enough time for me. Thanks

Posted by Ivan Habunek <iv...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Vladimír Gorej <go...@codescale.net>.