Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Adam Witwicki <aw...@oakfordis.com> on 2020/12/22 09:09:20 UTC

reserved CPU?

Hello

I am unable to start any routers due to this error

Host does not have enough reserved CPU available, cannot allocate to this host.

I cannot find any setting to adjust the reserved CPU for a host - these have plenty

Can someone point me in the right direction please

CS 4.13.1.0 - KVM hosts

Adam

Disclaimer Notice:
This email has been sent by Oakford Technology Limited, while we have checked this e-mail and any attachments for viruses, we can not guarantee that they are virus-free. You must therefore take full responsibility for virus checking.
Internet communications are not always secure and therefore Oakford Technology Limited does not accept legal responsibility for this message. The recipient is responsible for verifying its authenticity before acting on the contents. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Oakford Technology Limited.
Registered address: Oakford Technology Limited, The Manor House, Potterne, Wiltshire. SN10 5PN.
Registered in England and Wales No. 5971519

Re: reserved CPU?

Posted by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi Adam,

try reducing the global setting: capacity.skipcounting.hours

Without the logs, there's not much we can conclude. Usually, if you are
i.e. FULL in terms of CPU capacity (i.e. reached the limit above which no
new VMs can be deployed) - then when you STOP an existing VM, host will
reserve the amount of CPU used by that stopped VM - so that you can
immediately/within the " capacity.skipcounting.hours " start it again - but
it will not allow you to deploy new VMs even while that existing VM is
stopped.

Hope that helps,

--

Andrija Panić

RE: reserved CPU?

** This mail originated from OUTSIDE the Oakford corporate network. Treat hyperlinks and attachments in this email with caution. **

Hi,
From "Home > Infrastructure > Clusters > your_cluster" click on "Settings"

Re: reserved CPU?

Posted by Alireza Eskandari <as...@gmail.com>.