Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Ankur Goenka <go...@google.com> on 2021/07/07 16:20:15 UTC

[PROPOSAL] Preparing for Beam 2.32.0 release

Hi All,

Beam 2.32.0 release is scheduled to be cut on July 14th (Wednesday) and
released by Aug 18th according to the release calendar [1].

If there are no objections then I would like to nominate myself to do this
release.
Sorry for the shorter notice as I was OOO for an extended period of time.
Please review your bug list and mark the blockers as blocker for the
release and move non blockers to the next release by July 14th.

Ankur

[1]
https://calendar.google.com/calendar/u/0/embed?src=0p73sl034k80oob7seouanigd0@group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/Los_Angeles

Re: [EXT] Re: [PROPOSAL] Preparing for Beam 2.32.0 release

Posted by Ankur Goenka <go...@google.com>.
I agree with Ahmet that these PRs do not meet cherry pick criteria.
I am pretty much done with RC1 creation. We can discuss more if we go for
RC2.

Thanks,
Ankur

Posted by Luke Cwik <lc...@google.com>.

Posted by Ahmet Altay <al...@google.com>.

Posted by Kirill Panarin <ki...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Claire McGinty <cl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sayat Satybaldiyev <sa...@getcruise.com>.
Hello Ankur,

--

Sayat Satybaldyev

Cruise

Posted by Ankur Goenka <go...@google.com>.

Posted by Ankur Goenka <go...@google.com>.

Posted by Luke Cwik <lc...@google.com>.

Posted by Slava Chernyak <ch...@google.com>.

Posted by Luke Cwik <lc...@google.com>.
The remaining open issues are all related to the test failures in the
apache-beam-testing project due to b/195313999. This is also impacting out

Posted by Pablo Estrada <pa...@google.com>.

Posted by Luke Cwik <lc...@google.com>.

Posted by Ahmet Altay <al...@google.com>.

Posted by Alexey Romanenko <ar...@gmail.com>.
I noticed that we seems to have two branches for this release:
"release-2.32" (https://github.com/apache/beam/tree/release-2.32) and "release-2.32.0” (https://github.com/apache/beam/tree/release-2.32.0)

Posted by Ankur Goenka <go...@google.com>.
Update:
We currently have 4 issue and 3 of which are blocking
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEAM-12726?jql=project%20%3D%20BEAM%20AND%20status%20in%20(Open%2C%20%22In%20Progress%22%2C%20%22Triage%20Needed%22)%20AND%20priority%20in%20(P0%2C%20P1)%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%202.32.0

Re: [EXT] Re: [EXT] Re: [PROPOSAL] Preparing for Beam 2.32.0 release

Posted by Ankur Goenka <go...@google.com>.
Hi Sayat,

Please create a cherrypick PR and if the tests pass then I can merge it.

Thanks,
Ankur

On Tue, Aug 3, 2021 at 10:38 AM Sayat Satybaldiyev <

Posted by Ankur Goenka <go...@google.com>.

Posted by Sayat Satybaldiyev <sa...@getcruise.com>.

Posted by Ankur Goenka <go...@google.com>.
Hi,