Posted to dev@wookie.apache.org by Scott Wilson <sc...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/29 18:00:57 UTC

JPA woes

Recently I ran Wookie trunk I got a JPA error whenever I viewed the "Widget Gallery" page, resulting in a 500 Error when I try to view any demo widget.

This turned out to be some orphan deleted objects sitting in the JPA cache despite stopping and starting the server many times. I ended up writing some code just to delete any WidgetInstances on startup to clear it.

Anyone else seen this? Or is it just my machine being odd?

Re: JPA woes

Posted by Scott Wilson <sc...@gmail.com>.
On 29 Oct 2011, at 17:18, Paul Sharples wrote:

> On 29/10/2011 17:00, Scott Wilson wrote:
>> Recently I ran Wookie trunk I got a JPA error whenever I viewed the "Widget Gallery" page, resulting in a 500 Error when I try to view any demo widget.
>>
>> This turned out to be some orphan deleted objects sitting in the JPA cache despite stopping and starting the server many times. I ended up writing some code just to delete any WidgetInstances on startup to clear it.
>>
>> Anyone else seen this? Or is it just my machine being odd?
>
> I haven't come across this before & I have just run wookie & there were no issues.

Well thats a relief. I think my Derby DB file had become corrupted - everything has got a lot better since I deleted it.

On the other hand, while trying to find the cause of this, I spotted that the "WebMenuServlet" is creating a bunch of WidgetInstances on each run for no good reason (they aren't used in the DemoWidgets page any more) so at least I can get rid of that.

Re: JPA woes

Posted by Paul Sharples <p....@bolton.ac.uk>.