Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Torsten Krah <tk...@fachschaft.imn.htwk-leipzig.de> on 2006/07/05 18:20:47 UTC

RE: components and valuechange events - "forgotten" update of othercomponents watching the same backing bean attribute - Updates lost onbacking bean when the last rendered component isn't used

Javascript maybe an option - but i would prefer to find another
solution.

Hidden component - i dont get in my mind how to do this - a hidden
component, how should i set the value which comes from the event to it,
problem X is still there - so i dont really know the correct value -
only the event does in the first submit, can you please add more details
what you mean with the hidden component, dont know what do to with your
suggestion.

thx.

kind regards

Torsten

Am Mittwoch, den 05.07.2006, 16:55 +0100 schrieb Conway. Fintan (IT
Solutions):
> Hi Torsten,
>
> You mention that the last rendered component is the value that is used.
> Would a hidden component at the end of the form, which is set to the
> changed value work for you?
>
> Failing this you could use JavaScript to make sure that both selectOne
> values are changed when one changes.
>
> HTH,
>
> Fintan

-- To boldly go where I surely don't belong. --

Posted by Torsten Krah <tk...@fachschaft.imn.htwk-leipzig.de>.
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MYFACES-864

This may the same issue or better this maybe a workaround for the issue.

kind regards