Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Hernan Cunico <hc...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/25 04:19:18 UTC

RELEASE-NOTES-2.0-M5.TXT

Folks, it's that time again!

Here is the template for the release notes http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC20/release-notes-20-m5txt.html

Let's use this thread to consolidate all the updates for this milestone release.

Some areas needing special attention are:

* Significant Changes in the 2.0-M5 Release
* Supported features

pls chime in!

Cheers!
Hernan

Re: RELEASE-NOTES-2.0-M5.TXT

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.
On 4/25/07, Hernan Cunico <hc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Folks, it's that time again!
>
> Here is the template for the release notes http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC20/release-notes-20-m5txt.html
>
> Let's use this thread to consolidate all the updates for this milestone release.
>
> Some areas needing special attention are:
>
> * Significant Changes in the 2.0-M5 Release
> * Supported features

@Resource WebServiceContext injection in OpenEJB - Jarek will have to
look at it to verify how far we are with it and ensure we're not
repeating ourselves since the past rc.

Injection of Message Destination References - it's Dain's and Dave B's
stuff and the following ones too:
ENC: resource-env-ref: javax.jms.Queue
ENC: resource-env-ref: javax.jms.Topic
ENC: message-destination-ref: javax.jms.Queue
ENC: message-destination-ref: javax.jms.Topic
ENC: resource-ref: java.net.URL
ENC: resource-ref: javax.mail.Session
javax.ejb.ActivationConfigProperty
javax.ejb.Timeout
javax.annotation.Resource: for message-destination-ref

In other words, it looks oe3 got its annotation-based deployment
finished - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENEJB-216.

I haven't followed G changes that much so can't comment on it.

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.JacekLaskowski.pl