Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Muhammad Gelbana <m....@gmail.com> on 2012/03/05 12:42:37 UTC

Tapestry Interview Questions

Interesting isn't it :D
How would tapestry gurus put a test for tapestry ? Discussing such
questions and the topics they encounter will guide me to the important
parts of tapestry I haven't tackled yet and will help me interview new
tapestry developers too.

Thanks a lot.

--
*Regards,*
*Muhammad Gelbana

Re: Tapestry Interview Questions

Posted by Josh Canfield <jo...@gmail.com>.
If you have good questions you can add them to smarterer.

http://smarterer.com/test/tapestry5/questions/new

:)

Posted by Taha Hafeez Siddiqi <ta...@gmail.com>.
Hi

I have worked on a few projects recently where "non-tapestry" developers were using tapestry. The result was a mixture of C++, jsp, spring-mvc and what not, all written in tapestry :). What I mean to say is that a person may get things working in tapestry but still not know how to use tapestry :)

So how a person approaches a use-case in tapestry would also be an important thing to check.

regards
taha

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
wrote:

> Interesting isn't it :D
> How would tapestry gurus put a test for tapestry ? Discussing such
> questions and the topics they encounter will guide me to the important
> parts of tapestry I haven't tackled yet and will help me interview new
> tapestry developers too.

One question I'd definetely ask in all interviews would be something
related to Tapestry's static structure and dynamic behavior. Something
like "there's a textfield inside a loop which iterates 100 times. how many
textfield instances were created?", "can you add a component dynamically
to a template?", "can you set the t:id of a component dynamically", etc.

Other questions I'd ask:

What's the difference between t:id and id in a component instance
declaration?

What's the difference between a page and a component?

Some basic Tapestry-IoC knowledge is very important too IMHO.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
and instructor
http://www.arsmachina.com.br