Posted to users@trafficserver.apache.org by Vasanth Mathivanan <va...@evolutiondigital.com> on 2017/12/23 07:36:58 UTC

Live linear issue

In live linear i had 12 segments. Each segments intervel is 10s. i store 1.ts to 12.ts in .m3u8 when 13.ts comes, 1.ts will delete. but .m3u8 update Each 10s.

thats why i set .m3u8 max age 10s and i kept 12 ts files in .m3u8 file so .ts file max age 120 s.

any one explain live linear setup?

i need to control origin server hit.

.m3u8 file only call from cache. but ts will go for origin. it cant load from cache. but some time it will load cache, if time delay between two client rarely..

i had a trouble to control this

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Live linear issue

Posted by Shu Kit Chan <ch...@gmail.com>.
To turn on debug -

set proxy.config.diags.debug.enabled to 1
set proxy.config.diags.debug.tags to .*http.*

restart ats and the debug message will show up in traffic.out
You can experiment with different tags to narrow it to those subsystem
that's relevant to you.

Thanks.

Kit

RE: Live linear issue

Re: Live linear issue

Posted by Sudheer Vinukonda <su...@yahoo.com>.

Re: Live linear issue

Posted by Vasanth Mathivanan <va...@evolutiondigital.com>.
Hi All,

Re: Live linear issue

Posted by Sudheer Vinukonda <su...@yahoo.com>.
I’m almost certain it’s due to ATS cache’s limitation in handling concurrent requests for the missing segment in cache. You may want to check out and enable collapsed forwarding plugin (see below).

https://docs.trafficserver.apache.org/en/latest/admin-guide/plugins/collapsed_forwarding.en.html

Re: Live linear issue

Posted by Shu Kit Chan <ch...@gmail.com>.