Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org> on 2013/06/22 21:26:10 UTC

SNAPSHOT of taglibs standard 1.2 updated - call for testing

In anticipation of a release of standard  1.2, I have deployed a new version to Apache's snapshot Maven repository:
  http://repository.apache.org/snapshots/

I have run this version through the TCK and it passes but have not had a chance to test it against real-world applications. I'd like to make a call out for pre-release testers who would be willing to report any issues they may find in real applications.

To use this version, the following POM fragment will pull in the dependencies needed to use tags from JSTL 1.1 and later.
>         <dependency>
>             <groupId>org.apache.taglibs</groupId>
>             <artifactId>taglibs-standard-spec</artifactId>
>             <version>1.2-SNAPSHOT</version>
>         </dependency>
>         <dependency>
>             <groupId>org.apache.taglibs</groupId>
>             <artifactId>taglibs-standard-impl</artifactId>
>             <version>1.2-SNAPSHOT</version>
>         </dependency>

This also supports JSTL 1.0-rt tags. If you use JSTL 1.0 non-rt tags you will also need to add an additional dependency on taglibs-standard-jstlel to bring in the original JSTL EL engine.

If you use the XML tags, you will also need add a dependency on Apache Xalan 2.7.1 (xalan-2.7.1.jar and serializer-2.7.1.jar).

If you find any problems or things that could be improved, please open an issue in Bugzilla:
  https://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/enter_bug.cgi?product=Taglibs

If no major problems are found I will aim to release 1.2.0 later this month.
Cheers
Jeremy