Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Phil Steitz <ph...@steitz.com> on 2003/05/30 06:56:03 UTC

linkcheck plugin questions

Two questions:

1. Does this plugin have a properties file?  If so, where can I find an
example/docs?

2. Does the plugin require " or ' in href's -- i.e., can it handle
things like <a href=http//www.apache.org> or does it need <a
href="http://www.apache.org"> ?

thx,

Phil

Re: linkcheck plugin questions

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@steitz.com>.
Ben Walding wrote:
> Phil Steitz wrote:
>
>> Two questions:
>>
>> 1. Does this plugin have a properties file?  If so, where can I find
>> an example/docs?
>

> Not really, you can control it marginally using properties found at
> http://maven.apache.org/reference/plugins/linkcheck/properties.html
> What kind of control were you looking for?

Things like configuring a timeout.

> Ignore maven.linkcheck.enabled, it is out-of-date
>

>> 2. Does the plugin require " or ' in href's -- i.e., can it handle
>> things like <a href=http//www.apache.org> or does it need <a
>> href="http://www.apache.org"> ?
>

> This would be a function of what tidy can do. If tidy can fix your bogus
> html with bad attributes, then linkcheck will validate it.  Couldn't
> tell you offhand.  Fixing the html would be a good start.

Thanks.

Posted by Ben Walding <de...@walding.com>.