Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Eric Bloch <bl...@laszlosystems.com> on 2004/08/30 09:23:10 UTC

ant file for converting src from commons-logging to log4j for 2.0.1

Attached is an ant build file that can be plopped into your basedir for
httpclient.  (I tested it with the 2.0.1 src distro rather than a cvs
dir.)

% ant -buildfile commons-logging-to-log4j.xml -projecthelp
Buildfile: commons-logging-to-log4j.xml
Main targets:

  convert                     convert source from commons-logging to

                              log4j apis
  install-log4j-properties    copy log4j properties to classes dir
  make-src-backup             make src.orig directory
  revert                      Put original java source code back
  uninstall-log4j-properties  remove log4j properties from classes dir

With some massaging, these targets could probably be renamed and merged
into build.xml and maintained there (and probably belong there).  Also,
in my envirionment, I used a build.properties that has
${commons-logging.jar} pointing to a copy of log4j.jar.  If I were going
to maintain this inside the commons-httpclient/build.*, I'd rename the
commons-logging.jar property to ${logging-jar}, too, so things would
make a little more sense.

I ran the tests and it seems to basically work.  I can now, happily say
'bubbye' to commons-logging.

Enjoy
-Eric