Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Luis Guerra <lu...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/23 11:03:30 UTC

Spark execution plan

Hi all,

I was wondering how spark may deal with an execution plan. Using PIG as
example and its DAG execution, I would like to manage Spark for a similar
solution.

For instance, if my code has 3 different "parts", being A and B
self-sufficient parts:

Part A:
var output_a
Part B:
var output_b
Part C:
...using output_a and output_b

How would be the execution plan in spark? Could somehow parts A and B being
executed in parallel?

Related to this, are there thread implementations in Scala? Could be this a
solution for this scenario?

Regards

Re: Spark execution plan

Posted by Luis Guerra <lu...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for your answer. However, there has been a missunderstanding here.
My question is related to control the execution in parallel of different
parts of code, similarly to PIG, where there is a planning phase before the
execution.

Re: Spark execution plan

Posted by chutium <te...@gmail.com>.