Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by LuKreme <kr...@kreme.com> on 2007/06/24 06:29:54 UTC

Re: Qustions about sa-learn

On 3-Mar-2007, at 18:46, Matt Kettler wrote:
> That said, by default SA will accept the name of a maildir
> directory, or
> a single file, as a command line parameter.
>
> so you can do:
>
> sa-learn --spam /path/to/spam/maildir/

I am having... issues with that, actually

I just moved 13 messages into the .sal-ham folder, 7 of them are
tagged as spam by spamassassin.  I run the following command

# sa-learn --ham -u virtual lists\@domain.tld/.sal-ham/
Learned tokens from 1 message(s) (3 message(s) examined)

well, that's not right, so I try:

# sa-learn --ham -u virtual lists\@domain.tld/.sal-ham/new
Learned tokens from 0 message(s) (0 message(s) examined)

Erm.. OK.  How about

# sa-learn --ham -u virtual lists\@domain.tld/.sal-ham/cur
Learned tokens from 13 message(s) (13 message(s) examined)

Hrm.

So, it appears that in order to check the sal-ham directories I will
actually have to do something like:

# sa-learn --ham -u virtual lists\@domain.tld/.sal-ham/{cur, new}

since sa-learn doesn't REALLY understand maildirs, it just
understands directories of emails, which is not at all the same thing.

Shame, really.

--
<http://2blog.kreme.com>