Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Entropy <bl...@gmail.com> on 2016/12/19 13:18:21 UTC

Adding comment tags outside the tags

Our web designed is putting these comment tags to conditionlize the <HTML>
based on browser.  They are in EVERY page.  So I'd like to encapsulate that
in a parent class or something.  How can wicket write these out dynamically?

<!doctype html>

Re: Adding comment tags outside the tags

Posted by Entropy <bl...@gmail.com>.
I'd rather have the block in some kind or re-usable thing so that our web
designer can maintain it.  No alternative there?  I will do your version if
not.

As to your P.S., we're a govt project.  We have to support what the govt
tells us we have to support, and they tell us we still have to support
those.  There literally may be nobody using them.

Re: Adding comment tags outside the tags

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi,

The best way would be to use session.getBrowserInfo().getClientProperties()
to detect the browser version.
Then with TransparentWebMarkupContainer attached to <html> you can generate
the correct classes.

P.S. Who still uses IE 7, 8 & 9 ?!

Martin Grigorov
Wicket Training and Consulting