Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Sean McKibben <gr...@graphex.com> on 2014/12/23 23:12:12 UTC

Updating RDD used in DStream transform

I am wondering if there is a way to update an RDD that is used in a transform operation of a DStream.
To use the example from the spark streaming programming guide, let’s say I want to update my spamInfoRDD once an hour without having to restart the streaming app.

If an RDD used in Transform operations on DStreams can’t be updated, is there an alternative strategy using custom receivers and DStreams?

I just want to be able to leave my streaming app up 24/7 but add and remove filtering objects on a rather infrequent basis. My data is coming from a SQL database and is large enough that I don’t want to query it as frequent as my primary incoming data stream.

Thanks,
Sean