Posted to dev@deltaspike.apache.org by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org> on 2016/06/19 23:39:15 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Release of Apache DeltaSpike 1.7.0

The Apache DeltaSpike team is pleased to announce the 26th release of
DeltaSpike, v1.7.0.  This release includes 40 changes to the codebase
primarily focused on the data module.  We've added some initial Java 8
support and improved performance.

Apache DeltaSpike is not a CDI-container, but a portable CDI extension.

Documentation:
http://deltaspike.apache.org/documentation/

Download:
http://deltaspike.apache.org/download.html

Release Notes:
http://s.apache.org/DeltaSpike-1.7.0

Enjoy!

John

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Release of Apache DeltaSpike 1.7.0

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.
Gmail seems to have some intelligence where it combines things that match
after the [] labels.  So if I send out a [VOTE] Release of Apache
DeltaSpike 1.7.0 and a [ANNOUNCE] Release of Apache DeltaSpike 1.7.0 those
seem to get merged sometimes.

So yes in a way they are the same.

John

Posted by Thomas Andraschko <an...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the release John!

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Marvin Toll <Ma...@gtcGroup.com>.
It is (perhaps) fortuitous that this issue comes up at this time.

I have struggled to imagine a thoughtful value proposition for DeltaSpike targeting our 700+ developers on six continents (that don't necessarily use English as a first language). The subtle distinction between a CDI-container and a CDI extension seems to me like a lower-level concern that fails to grapple with the value proposition for DeltaSpike.

That is, why should one consider DeltaSpike as a wrapper for technologies that are implementable with a native API?

For example, in the persistence space, what is the compelling value proposition for obfuscating the specification-backed Java Persistence API with a proprietary DeltaSpike API that dictates a CDI dependency? (Presume that some folks perceive an additional dependency as a negative... not a positive.)

Said a third way, if we expect DeltaSpike acceptance to grow beyond the current faithful, how do we articulate the advantages in a manner that causes the thoughtful to think?

_Marvin

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@gmail.com>.
Sebb,

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.