Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Eyal Allweil <ey...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2015/03/30 23:19:42 UTC

Pig-Eclipse update - version 1.1.0

Hi all,

I'm glad to announce a new version of Pig-Eclipse. We've been using it for a few weeks where I work (PayPal) and I think we've caught most of the bugs. There are many new features -

- syntax highlighting for versions 0.11 - 0.14 (you can choose the version in the preferences page)

- auto complete - reserved words, built-in functions, macros, other "define" targets, and relations. Some false positives (it will suggest relations that are within a macro and not in context, for example) but everything you want should be there

- hover information - for macros, their definition ( for example, define my_macro(param1, param2) returns return_val ). For UDF's it searches for their source code in the workspace and displays their javadoc, if it finds it.

- open declaration (F3) - Jumps to either a macro or UDF's definition, if it finds it.

The project has moved from Google Code (they're closing) to GitHub - the new page is
https://github.com/eyala/pig-eclipse

The Eclipse update site has also moved, so you will need to add it in order to continue to receive updates:
http://github.com/eyala/pig-eclipse-update-site/raw/master

It should run on any Eclipse with Java 6 and up, although the oldest that I've tried was Indigo.

Feedback, comments, improvements - all are welcome.

Enjoy,
Eyal

Re: Pig-Eclipse update - version 1.1.0

Posted by "Jianfeng (Jeff) Zhang" <jz...@hortonworks.com>.
Nice job Eyal, it¹s very helpful for the community

Best Regard,
Jeff Zhang