Posted to mod_python-dev@quetz.apache.org by Graham Dumpleton <Gr...@rta.nsw.gov.au> on 2005/09/30 05:48:39 UTC

Minor documentation error in 3.2.2b.

Documentation says:

   path_info
     String. What follows after the file name, but is before
     query args, if anything. Same as CGI PATH_INFO. (Read-Only)

The "path_info" member is now actually modifiable in 3.2 and
so "Read Only" designator can be dropped.

BTW, what is the timetable for actual release of 3.2? Where I
am working is finally upgrading to Apache 2.0 on one of their
servers and want to be able to use final 3.2 release on the
system.

Graham

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachment to it are intended only to be read or used by the named addressee. It is confidential and may contain legally privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistaken transmission to you. The RTA is not responsible for any unauthorised alterations to this e-mail or attachment to it. Views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, and are not necessarily the views of the RTA. If you receive this e-mail in error, please immediately delete it from your system and notify the sender. You must not disclose, copy or use any part of this e-mail if you are not the intended recipient.

Re: Minor documentation error in 3.2.2b.

Posted by "Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy" <gr...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 30 Sep 2005, Graham Dumpleton wrote:

> BTW, what is the timetable for actual release of 3.2? Where I
> am working is finally upgrading to Apache 2.0 on one of their
> servers and want to be able to use final 3.2 release on the
> system.

I think we should give a few weeks to give people a chance to report bugs,
so given that it was announced on Sep 18th, i'd say some time mid-october?

Grisha

Re: Minor documentation error in 3.2.2b.

Posted by Jim Gallacher <jg...@sympatico.ca>.
Graham Dumpleton wrote:
> Documentation says:
>
>   path_info
>     String. What follows after the file name, but is before
>     query args, if anything. Same as CGI PATH_INFO. (Read-Only)
>
> The "path_info" member is now actually modifiable in 3.2 and
> so "Read Only" designator can be dropped.

I've already fixed this, and as well as a couple of other minor
documentation issues, but have not commited yet. I'll do that this weekend.

> BTW, what is the timetable for actual release of 3.2? Where I
> am working is finally upgrading to Apache 2.0 on one of their
> servers and want to be able to use final 3.2 release on the
> system.

Grisha proposed the following release schedule on August 8.

Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy wrote:
 > Aug 15        3.2.0b     private release
 > Sep 7        3.2.Xb    approved for public release
 >
 > Nov 7        3.2.Y    private release
 > Nov 15        3.2.Y    public release
 >
 > [I'm using X and Y since we don't know what those numbers may be]
 >
 > The Sep 7 - Nov 7 is a month for public testing of 3.2.Xb.

The public 3.2.2b release annoucement was made on Sept 19, so we are
almost on schedule.

Jim