Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by sirmak <ir...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/31 16:53:20 UTC

investigating technology stack with infinispan

Hi,

I'm investigating tech. possibilities for a new high traffic web site
project. I want to use ibatis (as myspace, alibaba) but the problem with
ibatis is the lack of distributed or replicated caching of entities with
infinispan. There will be an infinispan hibernate 2nd level cache in the
near future and terracotta already have this feature. There is a simple
caching interface in ibatis but ibatis doesn't have a hidden 2nd level cache
like in hibernate that can transparently increase performance in a cluster
when you start to add new caching servers. How can I workaround this problem
in ibatis with minimal coding work ?

Cheers,

Re: investigating technology stack with infinispan

Posted by Sundar Sankar <fa...@gmail.com>.
I would use distributed cache and write my own cache controller. Jboss cache
works well for me.

On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 9:21 AM, sirmak <ir...@gmail.com> wrote:

> but the code needed for tasks like the cache invalidation on data change in
> concurrent distributed environment is is not seem easy,...
>
> cheers,
>

> Nail Uenlue wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > As you can code your own cache controller it shouldnt be a hard task to
> > archieve this as you can retrieve those instances by your given set of
> > custer members.
> >
> > cheers,
> > Nail
> >
> > On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 4:53 PM, sirmak<ir...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I'm investigating tech. possibilities for a new high traffic web site
> >> project. I want to use ibatis (as myspace, alibaba) but the problem with
> >> ibatis is the lack of distributed or replicated caching of entities with
> >> infinispan. There will be an infinispan hibernate 2nd level cache in the
> >> near future and terracotta already have this feature. There is a simple
> >> caching interface in ibatis but ibatis doesn't have a hidden 2nd level
> >> cache
> >> like in hibernate that can transparently increase performance in a
> >> cluster
> >> when you start to add new caching servers. How can I workaround this
> >> problem
> >> in ibatis with minimal coding work ?
> >>

> >> Cheers,
> >>
> >> --

Regards
Sundar S.

Re: investigating technology stack with infinispan

Posted by sirmak <ir...@gmail.com>.
but the code needed for tasks like the cache invalidation on data change in a

Posted by Nail Uenlue <na...@gmail.com>.
Hello,