Posted to users@daffodil.apache.org by Jim Welch <ji...@gmail.com> on 2018/08/08 19:56:21 UTC

2.2.0-snapshot

Is there a way to get snapshot as a pre-built?

Re: 2.2.0-snapshot

Posted by Steve Lawrence <sl...@apache.org>.
That's a good point regarding publishLocal to test schemas with a
snapshot. There are ways to get sbt to look at ~/.m2/ but it easier to
just publishLocal rather than remembering the the sbt magic.

Regarding the "standard schema project layout", a description of that is
found here:

  https://daffodil.apache.org/dfdl-layout/

You can also run the following:

  sbt new stevedlawrence/dfdl-project-layout.g8

That will prompt for a few questions about your data format and use a
template on github to create a skeleton of the the standard layout so
you can use "sbt test" for testing schemas and "sbt package" to generate
a jar containing your schemas.

- Steve

Re: 2.2.0-snapshot

Posted by Mike Beckerle <mb...@tresys.com>.

________________________________
Posted by Jim Welch <ji...@gmail.com>.

Re: 2.2.0-snapshot

Posted by Steve Lawrence <sl...@apache.org>.
Unfortunately, we do not currently have things set up to build and
deploy snapshots. I believe since we are an Apache Incubator podling,
and all podling releases need to be verified and approved by the
Incubator Project Management Committee, there are some restrictions on
how we can distribute and advertise snapshots. DAFFODIL-1940 is the task
to figure this all out.

That said, you could always build a snapshot for your own use. The steps
to do so are:

1) Download and install git from https://git-scm.com/downloads

2) Download and install sbt from https://www.scala-sbt.org/download.html

3) Clone the Apache Daffodil repo:

   $ git clone https://github.com/apache/incubator-daffodil.git
   $ cd incubator-daffodil

4) Build a daffodil snapshot:

  4a) To build the CLI bin package, run the following:

      $ sbt daffodil-cli/universal:packageBin

      This creates a zip file in daffodil-cli/target/universal/

  4b) To publish to a local maven repository

      $ sbt publishM2

      This builds the daffodil jars and installs them into ~/.m2/, which
tools maven will look at when doing dependency resolution.

- Steve