Posted to rampart-dev@ws.apache.org by Philippe Camus <Ph...@imail.org> on 2008/10/15 23:52:12 UTC

STS custom SAML issuer not working

Hi,

I am trying to implement a custom SAML token issuer for an STS server. The documentation I am using is: http://ws.apache.org/rampart/setting-up-sts.html.

If, following the documentation, I remove the default Rampart module, then I get an exception complaining that the Rampart module is not valid or has not been deployed.

If I deploy it normally, I receive the following exception:

[WARN] triggerActionNotSupportedFault: messageContext: [MessageContext: logID=ur
n:uuid:27E43CBA95C3534BB81224106538697] problemAction: http://schemas.xmlsoap.or
g/ws/2005/02/trust/RST/Issue
[ERROR] The [action] cannot be processed at the receiver.
org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: The [action] cannot be processed at the receiver.
        at org.apache.axis2.addressing.AddressingFaultsHelper.triggerAddressingF
ault(AddressingFaultsHelper.java:373)
        at org.apache.axis2.addressing.AddressingFaultsHelper.triggerActionNotSu
pportedFault(AddressingFaultsHelper.java:336)
        at org.apache.axis2.handlers.addressing.AddressingValidationHandler.chec
kAction(AddressingValidationHandler.java:149)
        at org.apache.axis2.handlers.addressing.AddressingValidationHandler.invo
ke(AddressingValidationHandler.java:55)
        at org.apache.axis2.engine.Phase.invoke(Phase.java:317)
        at org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.invoke(AxisEngine.java:264)
        at org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.receive(AxisEngine.java:163)
        at org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPTransportUtils.processHTTPPostReq
uest(HTTPTransportUtils.java:275)
        at org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AxisServlet.doPost(AxisServlet.java:1
33)

Here is my services.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!--
 !
 ! Copyright 2006 The Apache Software Foundation.
 !
 ! Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License");
 ! you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
 ! You may obtain a copy of the License at
 !
 !      http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
 !
 ! Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
 ! distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
 ! WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.
 ! See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
 ! limitations under the License.
 !-->
<!-- services.xml of Sample05 : WS Trust -->
<serviceGroup>
<service name="STS">
      <module ref="rampart" />
      <module ref="addressing" />
      <module ref="rahas" />
      <operation name="IssueToken"
        mep="http://www.w3.org/2006/01/wsdl/in-out">
    <messageReceiver
            class="org.apache.rahas.STSMessageReceiver"/>

    <!-- Action mapping to accept RST requests -->
    <actionMapping>http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/02/trust/RST/SCT</actionMapping>
    <actionMapping>http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/02/trust/RST/Issue</actionMapping>
    <actionMapping>http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/02/trust/RST/Renew</actionMapping>
    <actionMapping>http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/02/trust/RST/Cancel</actionMapping>
    <actionMapping>http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/02/trust/RST/SCT/Cancel</actionMapping>
    <actionMapping>http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/02/trust/RST/Validate</actionMapping>

    <parameter name="token-dispatcher-configuration">
        <token-dispatcher-configuration>
        <!-- Issuers. You may have many issuers. -->
        <issuer class="org.ihc.rampart.samples.MyIssuer" default="true">
                <configuration
                        type="parameter">saml-issuer-config</configuration>
                <tokenType>http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/oasis-wss-saml-token-profile-1.1#SAMLV1.1</tokenType>
            </issuer>
        </token-dispatcher-configuration>
    </parameter>
      <parameter name="saml-issuer-config">
            <saml-issuer-config>
                  <issuerName>SAMPLE_STS</issuerName>
                  <issuerKeyAlias>service</issuerKeyAlias>
                  <issuerKeyPassword>apache</issuerKeyPassword>
                        <cryptoProperties>
                              <crypto provider="org.apache.ws.security.components.crypto.Merlin">
                              <property name="org.apache.ws.security.crypto.merlin.keystore.type">JKS</property>
                              <property name="org.apache.ws.security.crypto.merlin.file">C:/Softwares/Tools/rampart-1.4/samples/keys/service.jks</property>
                              <property name="org.apache.ws.security.crypto.merlin.keystore.password">apache</property>
                        </crypto>
                        </cryptoProperties>
                        <timeToLive>300000</timeToLive>
                  <keySize>256</keySize>
                  <addRequestedAttachedRef />
                  <addRequestedUnattachedRef />

            <!--
               Key computation mechanism
               1 - Use Request Entropy
               2 - Provide Entropy
               3 - Use Own Key
            -->
                  <keyComputation>2</keyComputation>

            <!--
               proofKeyType element is valid only if the keyComputation is set to 3
               i.e. Use Own Key

               Valid values are: EncryptedKey & BinarySecret
            -->
                        <proofKeyType>BinarySecret</proofKeyType>
            <trusted-services>
                        <service alias="service">*</service>
            </trusted-services>
            </saml-issuer-config>
    </parameter>

</operation>

      <wsp:Policy wsu:Id="SigOnly" xmlns:wsu="http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-wssecurity-utility-1.0.xsd" xmlns:wsp="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/09/policy">
            <wsp:ExactlyOne>
              <wsp:All>
                        <sp:AsymmetricBinding xmlns:sp="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/07/securitypolicy">
                              <wsp:Policy>
                                    <sp:InitiatorToken>
                                          <wsp:Policy>
                                                <sp:X509Token sp:IncludeToken="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/07/securitypolicy/IncludeToken/AlwaysToRecipient">
                                                      <wsp:Policy>
                                                          <sp:RequireThumbprintReference/>
                                                            <sp:WssX509V3Token10/>
                                                      </wsp:Policy>
                                                </sp:X509Token>
                                          </wsp:Policy>
                                    </sp:InitiatorToken>
                                    <sp:RecipientToken>
                                          <wsp:Policy>
                                                <sp:X509Token sp:IncludeToken="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/07/securitypolicy/IncludeToken/Never">
                                                      <wsp:Policy>
                                                          <sp:RequireThumbprintReference/>
                                                            <sp:WssX509V3Token10/>
                                                      </wsp:Policy>
                                                </sp:X509Token>
                                          </wsp:Policy>
                                    </sp:RecipientToken>
                                    <sp:AlgorithmSuite>
                                          <wsp:Policy>
                                                <sp:TripleDesRsa15/>
                                          </wsp:Policy>
                                    </sp:AlgorithmSuite>
                                    <sp:Layout>
                                          <wsp:Policy>
                                                <sp:Strict/>
                                          </wsp:Policy>
                                    </sp:Layout>
                                    <sp:IncludeTimestamp/>
                                    <sp:OnlySignEntireHeadersAndBody/>
                              </wsp:Policy>
                        </sp:AsymmetricBinding>
                        <sp:Wss10 xmlns:sp="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/07/securitypolicy">
                              <wsp:Policy>
                                    <sp:MustSupportRefKeyIdentifier/>
                                    <sp:MustSupportRefIssuerSerial/>
                              </wsp:Policy>
                        </sp:Wss10>
                        <sp:SignedParts xmlns:sp="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/07/securitypolicy">
                              <sp:Body/>
                        </sp:SignedParts>

                        <ramp:RampartConfig xmlns:ramp="http://ws.apache.org/rampart/policy">
                              <ramp:user>service</ramp:user>
                              <ramp:encryptionUser>client</ramp:encryptionUser>
                              <ramp:passwordCallbackClass>org.ihc.rampart.samples.PWCBHandler</ramp:passwordCallbackClass>

                              <ramp:signatureCrypto>
                                    <ramp:crypto provider="org.apache.ws.security.components.crypto.Merlin">
                                          <ramp:property name="org.apache.ws.security.crypto.merlin.keystore.type">JKS</ramp:property>
                                          <ramp:property name="org.apache.ws.security.crypto.merlin.file">C:/Softwares/Tools/rampart-1.4/samples/keys/service.jks</ramp:property>
                                          <ramp:property name="org.apache.ws.security.crypto.merlin.keystore.password">apache</ramp:property>
                                    </ramp:crypto>
                              </ramp:signatureCrypto>

            </ramp:RampartConfig>

              </wsp:All>
            </wsp:ExactlyOne>
      </wsp:Policy>

</service>
</serviceGroup>

Best regards,

Phil

RE: STS custom SAML issuer not working

Posted by Philippe Camus <Ph...@imail.org>.
Thanks Nandana,

I will try and post the result. I won't explore this option anymore however: I simply went through the source code of Rampart and Rahas and modified whatever classes I needed.

I am confused by your comment though: isn't Rahas the WS-Trust implementation??

Best regards,

Phil

      You don't need to engage the rahas module for this scenario. Rahas
module is only needed to do secure conversation. Rahas module [1] adds a
module operation with the same action mapping, so I'm not sure whether this
is causing a problem. Can you please try without engaging rahas.

thanks,
nandana

[1] -
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/webservices/rampart/trunk/java/modules/rampart-trust-mar/module.xml?view=markup