Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Erik Holstad <er...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/20 00:12:01 UTC

Writing a RowResult to HTable?

Hi!
Is there a good way to write a RowResult to a HTable without having to loop
through it to make it into a BatchUpdate?

Regards Erik

Re: Writing a RowResult to HTable?

Posted by Michael Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
No. We should add a constructor to BatchUpdate that takes a RowResult.
HBASE-880, the client API revamping has some mild affectation of
RowResult reuse in updates (or at least the SortedMap of
columnname->Cell that is heart of RR).  Perhaps it could be made
stronger.  Want to comment in HBASE-880 Eric?

St.Ack