Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Shute, James" <ja...@lehman.com> on 2006/03/24 14:28:44 UTC

Migrating to M2 - local jar overrides

Hi,

I'm experimenting with moving over to Maven 2 from 1.0.2 and have drawn
a blank on what the M2 way to do local jar overrides is.

The reason I particularly need to do this is we use a 3rd party library
that's basically just a thin layer on top of some native (windows)
libraries.  For compilation I can happily put the jar in the repository,
download from there and all is well.  But to run the tests the jar MUST
match what is installed locally on the box, which can vary from
developer to developer - normally only by minor version no but that's
still enough to stop it working if the wrong one is used.

So when using 1.0.2 this in the project.properties did the trick nicely:

maven.jar.override=on
maven.jar.tibrvj=C:/Program Files/TIBCO/TIBRV/lib/tibrvj.jar

Along with a dependency like this

	<dependency>
		<groupId>tibco</groupId>
		<artifactId>tibrvj</artifactId>
		<version>local</version>
	</dependency>

Searching through the mailing lists hasn't got me very far, other than a
few statements that seem to say local overrides aren't supported under
M2.

Can anybody suggest a way forward?

many thanks

James

Re: Migrating to M2 - local jar overrides

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.
You can use the system scope :
http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-dependency-mechanism.html

Emmanuel