Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com> on 2005/10/02 14:09:26 UTC

Adding a new doctype to Default Pub of Lenya 1.4-dev

Hi

It seems to me that

http://127.0.0.1:8888/default/authoring/tutorial/new_doctype.html

http://wiki.apache.org/lenya/AddingCustomDocType

is outdated, resp. refering to 1.2.X and not 1.4-dev

Is there any existing documentation on howto add a new doctype
within 1.4-dev?

Is it correct that the doctype is defined within the meta file or
are there other ways? (e.g. as for instance through patterns as in 1.2.X?)

Thanks

Michi

--
Michael Wechner

Re: Adding a new doctype to Default Pub of Lenya 1.4-dev

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Ray Allis wrote:
> Andreas Hartmann wrote:
>
>> It is in the docu SVN for some weeks now, but unfortunately
>> I can't update the website because I can't build the website :(
>>
>> Please
>>
>> - check out the docu
>> - execute "forrest run"
>> - go to http://localhost:8888/1_4/reference/resource-types.html
>

> All right.  But it looks like I missed something.  How do I tell what is
> missing?
>
> I started from a new pub based on 'default'.  First I tried to create a
> new instance of my new (news) resource/doctype.  It does not get to the
> popup to name the new doc.
> --
>
> resource-types: ComponentSelector could not find the component for hint
> [news] (key [news])

It seems that your cocoon.xconf hasn't been patched properly.
Could you please verify that?

-- Andreas

Re: Adding a new doctype to Default Pub of Lenya 1.4-dev

Posted by Ray Allis <ra...@comcast.net>.
Andreas Hartmann wrote:

> It is in the docu SVN for some weeks now, but unfortunately
> I can't update the website because I can't build the website :(
>
> Please
>
> - check out the docu
> - execute "forrest run"
> - go to http://localhost:8888/1_4/reference/resource-types.html

All right.  But it looks like I missed something.  How do I tell what is
missing?

I started from a new pub based on 'default'.  First I tried to create a
new instance of my new (news) resource/doctype.  It does not get to the
popup to name the new doc.
--

resource-types: ComponentSelector could not find the component for hint
[news] (key [news])

org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Error calling flowscript function
executeUsecase at
file:/export/home/ray/src/lenya-1.4.x/build/lenya/webapp/lenya/usecases/usecases.js:93:-1
at <map:call> -
file:/export/home/ray/src/lenya-1.4.x/build/lenya/webapp/lenya/usecases/usecase.xmap:72:46
at <map:mount> -
file:/export/home/ray/src/lenya-1.4.x/build/lenya/webapp/lenya/usecase.xmap:56:128
at <map:mount> -
file:/export/home/ray/src/lenya-1.4.x/build/lenya/webapp/global-sitemap.xmap:291:105
at <map:mount> -
file:/export/home/ray/src/lenya-1.4.x/build/lenya/webapp/sitemap.xmap:527:110

cause: org.apache.avalon.framework.component.ComponentException:
resource-types: ComponentSelector could not find the component for hint
[news] (key [news])

full exception chain stacktrace[Hide]

org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Error calling flowscript function executeUsecase
	at file:/export/home/ray/src/lenya-1.4.x/build/lenya/webapp/lenya/usecases/usecases.js:93:-1
	at <map:call> - file:/export/home/ray/src/lenya-1.4.x/build/lenya/webapp/lenya/usecases/usecase.xmap:72:46
	at <map:mount> - file:/export/home/ray/src/lenya-1.4.x/build/lenya/webapp/lenya/usecase.xmap:56:128
	at <map:mount> - file:/export/home/ray/src/lenya-1.4.x/build/lenya/webapp/global-sitemap.xmap:291:105
	at <map:mount> - file:/export/home/ray/src/lenya-1.4.x/build/lenya/webapp/sitemap.xmap:527:110
	at org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException.throwLocated(ProcessingException.java:144)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.flow.javascript.LocationTrackingDebugger.getException(LocationTrackingDebugger.java:132)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.flow.javascript.fom.FOM_JavaScriptInterpreter.callFunction(FOM_JavaScriptInterpreter.java:760)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.CallFunctionNode.invoke(CallFunctionNode.java:138)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invokeNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:46)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PreparableMatchNode.invoke(PreparableMatchNode.java:130)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invokeNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:68)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelineNode.invoke(PipelineNode.java:142)

Re: Adding a new doctype to Default Pub of Lenya 1.4-dev

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Michael Wechner wrote:
> Hi
>
> It seems to me that
>
> http://127.0.0.1:8888/default/authoring/tutorial/new_doctype.html
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/lenya/AddingCustomDocType
>
> is outdated, resp. refering to 1.2.X and not 1.4-dev
>
> Is there any existing documentation on howto add a new doctype
> within 1.4-dev?

It is in the docu SVN for some weeks now, but unfortunately
I can't update the website because I can't build the website :(

Please

- check out the docu
- execute "forrest run"
- go to http://localhost:8888/1_4/reference/resource-types.html

HTH,
-- Andreas

Re: Adding a new doctype to Default Pub of Lenya 1.4-dev

Posted by Ray Allis <ra...@comcast.net>.
Michael Wechner wrote:

> Is there any existing documentation on howto add a new doctype
> within 1.4-dev?
>
> Is it correct that the doctype is defined within the meta file or
> are there other ways? (e.g. as for instance through patterns as in 1.2.X?)

This documentation would be most welcome.  And as long as I'm wishing,
someday it would be great to know how to create a new, clean pub.  ;-)
Or if replacing the default pub is the way to go?

Of course, I understand that writing docs takes time away from writing
useful code, and -dev is not ready for beginners.

BTW, one of my customers wants to:

> Start a discussion about using RSS feed, XML and other technologies in
> create, maintain and share content on web site such as the [...] and
> local electronic news sites.

These are Sharepoint and ColdFusion people.  They do use Teamsite for
one huge web site.  One option is Oracle's CMS.  I intend to propose
cocoon (again, for the 10th time in three years) with lenya this time.
Trying to do a simple demo next Friday.

Re: Adding a new doctype to Default Pub of Lenya 1.4-dev

Posted by Renaud Richardet <re...@wyona.com>.
Michael Wechner wrote:

> Hi
>
> It seems to me that
>
> http://127.0.0.1:8888/default/authoring/tutorial/new_doctype.html
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/lenya/AddingCustomDocType
>
> is outdated, resp. refering to 1.2.X and not 1.4-dev
>
> Is there any existing documentation on howto add a new doctype
> within 1.4-dev?

IIRC, doctypes are called "ressouce types" in 1.4 and implemented into
*modules*.
I just drafted a new wiki page [1], thanks for correcting me and add
stuff there.

HTH,
Renaud

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/lenya/LenyaModules