Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Stephan Wiesner <st...@stephan-wiesner.de> on 2003/04/23 06:22:55 UTC

News Server Connection Refused, one time

Hi list,
I use the news server with authentication. The first time after I start
the server that I contact it, I get an error:
'A News (NNTP) error occured: Authentication rejected'. This also
happens, when I have not accessed it for some time (not sure how long it
takes). Sounds like a time out problem to me.

 When I try it again, it works. This only happens with Mozilla (1.4a),
though, not with Outlook Express, so it probably is a Mozilla problem.
Using it without authentication works smoothly.

Just wondering if others experience the same problem?

Stephan

Re: News Server Connection Refused, one time

Posted by Stephan Wiesner <st...@stephan-wiesner.de>.
Okay, the error has to be in Mozilla. I don't get no connection at all
from Mozilla, when I get the error. Then I retry it and it works and the
log shows the connection.

Stephan

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.