Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Jeffrey McNany <Je...@CC.STATE.AZ.US> on 1997/12/19 17:50:00 UTC

Re: os-sequent/1546: syntax error, line 158, compiling http_main.c -Reply

The following reply was made to PR os-sequent/1546; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Jeffrey McNany <Je...@CC.STATE.AZ.US>
To: dgaudet@arctic.org
Cc: apbugs@apache.org
Subject: Re: os-sequent/1546: syntax error, line 158, compiling
	http_main.c -Reply
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 1997 09:47:46 -0700

 Dean,

 Just wanted you to know that I am making progress.  Studying the man
 pages and adding the libraries as includes in the conf.h file have cleared
 up all the original errors, but now I have some new ones.  I appreciate
 how fast you replied to my message the other day.  Unfortunately, things
 are getting hectic here with the year-end.  I'll keep you posted.

 Jeff

 On 16 Dec 1997, Jeffrey McNany wrote:

 >  undefined			first referenced
 >   symbol  			    in file
 >  shutdown                            http_main.o
 >  select                              http_main.o
 >  htonl                               http_main.o
 >  gethostbyname                       http_main.o
 >  gethostbyaddr                       http_main.o
 >  inet_ntoa                           http_main.o
 >  accept                              http_main.o
 >  getsockname                         http_main.o
 >  setsockopt                          http_main.o
 >  ntohs                               http_main.o
 >  socket                              http_main.o
 >  bind                                http_main.o
 >  listen                              http_main.o
 >  htons                               http_main.o
 >  getpeername                         http_main.o
 >  initgroups                          http_main.o
 >  inet_addr                           http_config.o
 >  connect                             rfc1413.o
 >  gethostname                         util.o
 >  writev                              buff.o

 Add -lsocket, read the man page for "gethostbyname" and
 "getpeername" to
 find out what if any other library they require.

 initgroups -- you may need to define NEED_INITGROUPS

 writev -- you may need to define NO_WRITEV, but do a "man writev"
 first,
 since it could be hidden off in some library you need to link in

 Generally just go through the man pages for each of those functions until
 you find all the libraries you can.

 Dean