Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Ismael Touama <is...@install.fr> on 2002/07/02 18:26:41 UTC

Cannot Drop the mistake of make_sock, could not bind...

Hi,

I'm new here:
RH7.2+Apache_1.3.24+mod_perl_1.26+Apache::ASP

I can't drop this mistake from my log.
At the start I had as Port directive 80.
I put 1023 and then I had a warn with my httpd.pid file
that tells it was overwritten, so I tried 8080
and the problem with make_sock stil occurs...

If someone had time to tells what's the way apache is
running ?
Or give a link, I really disturbed with this error.
I've got BindAddress *.

Thanks for any help, it's been a time I'm on.

bbsc
ism

Re: Cannot Drop the mistake of make_sock, could not bind...

Posted by Lee Fellows <lf...@4lane.com>.
On Tue, 2002-07-02 at 12:26, Ismael Touama wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm new here:
> RH7.2+Apache_1.3.24+mod_perl_1.26+Apache::ASP
>
> I can't drop this mistake from my log.
> At the start I had as Port directive 80.
> I put 1023 and then I had a warn with my httpd.pid file
> that tells it was overwritten, so I tried 8080
> and the problem with make_sock stil occurs...
>
> If someone had time to tells what's the way apache is
> running ?
> Or give a link, I really disturbed with this error.
> I've got BindAddress *.
>
> Thanks for any help, it's been a time I'm on.
>
> bbsc
> ism

  From the description, sounds like you have more then one http
  instance running (invoked from your start script).  Try stopping
  apache and then looking for http processes with ps aux | grep http.
  If you find http processes still running, you may need to try
  'killall -9 httpd' to clean them up.  If that does not work, then
  I believe you will need to kill each instance manually by finding
  its PID in the output from 'ps aux | grep http' and doing
  'kill -9 <PID>' until all have been removed.

  Then try restarting apache and see what you get.

RE: Cannot Drop the mistake of make_sock, could not bind...

Posted by Ismael Touama <is...@install.fr>.
OK Thanks to all...

./httpd stop kill daddy so chil can not bind to him !!
Is that quite right ? And so on, the httpd.pid can't
be kill to cause child using it !!

So we use apachectl to kill all familly !!
I put for a moment MinSpareServers 1, MaxSpareServers 1,
and StartServers 1...but the I understand...

Thank you again,
Further question: Where can I find the script that shutdown
the apache server cleanly (using apachectl) ?

bbsc
ism

Posted by Jeff Beard <je...@cyberxape.com>.