Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com> on 2003/01/31 09:08:52 UTC

Re: The Jakarta Site

[I am inlining the document I have written. I tried to begin a little
formally, but it's all using personal habits of documentaton, so feel free
to be anarchic at it. I'm happy to Wiki it or put it in Jakarta-site2/

I will attempt to maintain change control on it based on comments until
such a time as it goes into one of the above]

@author: Henri Yandell <ba...@apache.org>
@creation: 2003/01/31
@state: proposal
@version: 0.1

Introduction
============

Purpose
-------
To create a low buy-in contract for ASF projects [or just ASF Jakarta projects] web
sites so as to provide a more coherent experience for users.

Scope
-----
The existing web sites are huge, and slowly losing coherency.

Parties
-------
Any Contributors, Committers, Members or Directors of the ASF.

Definition of terms
ASF = Apache Software Foundation