Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Gaurav Bhatnagar <ga...@gmail.com> on 2015/04/28 05:28:52 UTC

minimum bandwidth requirement between two Geo Redundant sites of Cassandra database

Hi,
     Is there any minimum bandwidth requirement between two Geo Redundant
data centres?
What is the minimum latency that link between two Geo Redundant data
centres should have to get best efficient operations?

Regards,
Gaurav

Re: minimum bandwidth requirement between two Geo Redundant sites of Cassandra database

Posted by Alex Major <al...@gmail.com>.
We run between US/EU regions on AWS with more than 45ms latency without any
issues. Just use an appropriate amount of replicas in each datacenter and
make use of the appropriate consistency level (e.g local_quoram)

Posted by "Daniels, Kelly" <ke...@charter.com>.

www.pythian.com<http://www.pythian.com/>

Posted by Carlos Rolo <ro...@pythian.com>.
Hi,