Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Rohit Sharma <rs...@modeln.com> on 2011/05/27 07:18:37 UTC

Reducing the memory usage by POI

Hi,

I'm using POI for writing "xls and xlsx" documents. Although using the
BigGridDemo example I can reduce the memory requirement for creating xlsx
documents. But I can't figure out  a way to reduce the memory requirement
while writing a xls document.

While writing a xls sheet with around 60K rows with 250 columns and
increasing the size of my jvm I have avoided the "out of memory" exception.
But still this operations takes a lot of memory; is there any way to write a
xls file by streaming the data ?

--
Thanks