Posted to test-dev@perl.apache.org by Trevor Schellhorn <tr...@marketingtips.com> on 2005/05/10 22:28:29 UTC

How to check for Apache modules through Apache::Test

I am wanting to make sure that the Apache server being used for
the tests has the proper Apache modules loaded for the mod_perl
module I am testing to work.

Specifically for the code that I am working on now, I want to
make sure the autoindex shared module is available.  I also want
to make sure that the module is loaded into the server even if
the main Apache server configuration doesn't have it loaded in.
Is it possible to do this?

Trevor

Re: How to check for Apache modules through Apache::Test

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Trevor Schellhorn wrote:
> I am wanting to make sure that the Apache server being used for
> the tests has the proper Apache modules loaded for the mod_perl
> module I am testing to work.
>
> Specifically for the code that I am working on now, I want to
> make sure the autoindex shared module is available.  I also want
> to make sure that the module is loaded into the server even if
> the main Apache server configuration doesn't have it loaded in.
> Is it possible to do this?

In the code you check with 'need' in the plan() call. Check the
Apache::Test manpage or:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/general/testing/testing.html#Skipping_a_Whole_Test
(the latter is a bit outdated)

In the configuration, you just add it like so:

<IfModule mod_log_config.c>
     TransferLog /home/stas/apache.org/modperl-2.0/t/logs/access_log
</IfModule>