Posted to docs@cocoon.apache.org by st...@outerthought.org on 2004/05/19 01:00:06 UTC

[WIKI-UPDATE] OlivierLange LoadInEclipse Wed May 19 01:00:06 2004

Page: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=OlivierLange , version: 14 on Mon May 18 22:05:09 2004 by OlivierLange

- I am using a model of visual components (tabular list, matrix, navigation blocks, metadata, page enveloppe) called XPage, to integrate different applications and datasources (ASP, PHP, Python, XSL). It's basically a DTD I synthetised from many other DTD's, a kind of xdocs applied at datasets and information space navigation. It provides a unified user interface accross heterogeneous applications, for a variety of presentation tasks.
-

Page: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=LoadInEclipse , version: 21 on Mon May 18 22:05:43 2004 by JoergHeinicke

- To run the ANT build from within Eclipse you have to add something like this to the build.xml:

+ To run the Ant build from within Eclipse you have to add something like this to the build.xml:

- [Olivier Lange] Could someone who managed to compile Cocoon from within Eclipse elaborate on this? It does not seem to work under Eclipse 2.1.2 with the Ant 1.5.3 plug-in. Build Cocoon outside of Eclipse from the command-line.
+ ''Note'': Cocoon build system uses Ant 1.6, so calling the Ant build from an older Eclipse without Ant 1.6 does not work. You need a recent 3.0 milestone build of Eclipse - or you know how to replace your Ant version in your older Eclipse.
- Please note: this seems to be a quite inefficient way to debug Cocoon, it is ''much slower'' than remote debugging. May be did I overlook a setting? I'd suggest running Cocoon outside of Eclipse and using remote JVM debugging. See [Debugging Cocoon]. Note also that to run Cocoon outside of Eclipse, you'll need to rebuild the JARs you wiped away with 'build eclipse-webapp-prepare' from the WEB-INF\lib folder, so that Cocoon debugging and running Cocoon Jetty within Eclipse seem to conflict. Or is there another way? [Olivier Lange]

+ ''Note'': this seems to be a quite inefficient way to debug Cocoon, it is ''much slower'' than remote debugging. May be did I overlook a setting? I'd suggest running Cocoon outside of Eclipse and using remote JVM debugging. See [Debugging Cocoon]. Note also that to run Cocoon outside of Eclipse, you'll need to rebuild the JARs you wiped away with 'build eclipse-webapp-prepare' from the WEB-INF\lib folder, so that Cocoon debugging and running Cocoon Jetty within Eclipse seem to conflict.