Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Dan Finkelstein <da...@bluescope.com> on 2001/11/01 21:29:36 UTC

RE: error: must be namespace-qualified

As a further datapoint, I'm having the _exact_ same problem.  My client is
also a C++ client, in this case part of the Groove framework.  In our case,
the basic soap communition works fine with sending parameters as int, long,
double, ... but when we try to send a date it give the below-mentioned "The
value of the ... must be namespace-qualified." error message.  The date
parameter is going across the wire as:

<StartDate xsi:type="dateTime.iso8601">18991230T00:00:00</StartDate>

I believe that the error message appears because the xsi:type value
"dateTime.iso8601" is not namespace-qualified.  It seems like a client-side
bug, but we have no control over what is sent.  Is there any way to accept
this on the server-side?

Thanks in advance,
Dan