Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by Meghana <mm...@hotmail.com> on 2004/02/03 19:17:13 UTC

document function

Hello,

I was wondering if document function in Xalan XSLT engine can load external
documents using URLs. If anyone knows please let me know.

My test didn't work but this seems to be very basic functionality so my
guess is I did something wrong.

Meghana.

RE: document function

Posted by Meghana <mm...@hotmail.com>.

I know the issue now. The thing is the servlet needs a session before
serving up files and xalan engine does not have a session with our servlet.
So the error 500.

Thanks for all your responses though.

Meghana.

  _____

Posted by David Wall <d....@computer.org>.

RE: document function

Re: document function

Posted by Joseph Kesselman <ke...@us.ibm.com>.

>I was wondering if document function in Xalan XSLT engine can load
external documents using URLs

It can. Make sure your URL is correct and that the document being loaded is
well-formed XML.

Joe Kesselman, IBM Next-Generation Web Technologies: XML, XSL and more.
"The world changed profoundly and unpredictably the day Tim Berners Lee
got bitten by a radioactive spider." -- Rafe Culpin, in r.m.filk