Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by io42 <in...@desknetinc.com> on 2012/01/05 21:10:46 UTC

Filtering by Message subtype (e.g. TextMessage, MapMessage)

Is it possible for a consumer to filter incoming messages based on the
message sub-type (e.g. Only receive MapMessage objects and TextMessage
objects from a queue, but not any StreamMessage objects that are on that
queue)?  If so, how?

Re: Filtering by Message subtype (e.g. TextMessage, MapMessage)

Posted by io42 <in...@desknetinc.com>.
Thanks for the suggestion, but unless I'm doing something wrong this doesn't
work. I set the selector to:

JMSXMimeType = 'jms/text-message'

and this did not work.  I was using a standard JMS Session, though, to
create a JMS MessageConsumer, and not an ActiveMQSession or
ActiveMQMessaegeConsumer.  Might this make a difference?  I'm having a
difficult time trying to create a ActiveMQSession since the
ActiveMQconnectionFactory seems to create a Connection instead of an
ActiveMQConnection.

Unfortunately not all producer-side messages are controlled by the code that
I am working on.

Re: Filtering by Message subtype (e.g. TextMessage, MapMessage)

Posted by Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net>.
Didn't try it but you can see if you can set selector against
"JMSXMimeType" which is available for ActiveMQ messages and text message
has value "jms/text-message" for example. If not, and you control producer
side you can set different JMSType on different type of messages when
you're sending them and filter on that

Regards
Blog - http://www.nighttale.net