Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Matt Foley <ma...@apache.org> on 2012/11/09 18:52:26 UTC

[PROPOSAL] 1.1.1 and 1.2.0 scheduling

Hi all,
Hadoop 1.1.0 came out on Oct 12.  I think there's enough interest to do a
maintenance release with some important patches.  I propose to code freeze
branch-1.1 a week from today, Fri 16 Nov, and have a 1.1.1 release
candidate ready for eval & vote starting Mon 19 Nov.

There's also a lot of good new stuff in branch-1.  I suggest that on Dec.1,
I create a branch-1.2 from branch-1, with a code freeze on Dec.7, and I'll
create a 1.2.0 release candidate on Mon 10 Dec.

Please provide your +1 if this is acceptable to you.

For 1.1.1, I propose to include the below, and I am of course open to
additional high-priority patches if they are reliable and can be committed
to branch-1.1 by the code freeze date.  Let's try to stick to serious bugs
and not new features.  Thanks!

--Matt Foley
Release Manager

    HADOOP-8823. ant package target should not depend on cn-docs. (szetszwo)

    HADOOP-8878. Uppercase namenode hostname causes hadoop dfs calls with
    webhdfs filesystem and fsck to fail when security is on.
    (Arpit Gupta via suresh)

    HADOOP-8882. Uppercase namenode host name causes fsck to fail when
    useKsslAuth is on. (Arpit Gupta via suresh)

    HADOOP-8995. Remove unnecessary bogus exception from Configuration.java.
    (Jing Zhao via suresh)

    HDFS-2815. Namenode is not coming out of safemode when we perform
    (NN crash + restart). Also FSCK report shows blocks missed. (umamahesh)

    HDFS-3791. HDFS-173 Backport - Namenode will not block until a large
    directory deletion completes. It allows other operations when the
    deletion is in progress. (umamahesh via suresh)

    HDFS-4134. hadoop namenode and datanode entry points should return
    negative exit code on bad arguments. (Steve Loughran via suresh)

    MAPREDUCE-4782. NLineInputFormat skips first line of last InputSplit
    (Mark Fuhs via bobby)

Re: need help submitting patches

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@hortonworks.com>.
don't worry about the patch fail message on jenkins as it currently only
patches against trunk

The standard development process for is
 -use Git, with git.apache.org the read-only repository
 -branch for each JIRA issue, trunk & branch-1 for the asf versions
 e.g https://github.com/steveloughran/hadoop-trunk
 -update against trunk with git pull --rebase
 -test locally before submitting
 -create a patch with git diff --no-prefix trunk/branch-1, depending on
what the patch is to go against

I am porting few unit test testcases from Junit3 to Junit4 specification.
However having issues trying to upstream patches, causing build break.
For example https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAPREDUCE-4779..
BTW, I used "svn diff xxxx" to create the patch, any suggestion is
appreciated .

Best Regards
Amir Sanjar

need help submitting patches

Re: [PROPOSAL] 1.1.1 and 1.2.0 scheduling

Posted by Robert Evans <ev...@yahoo-inc.com>.
+1

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Jitendra Pandey <ji...@hortonworks.com>.