Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Naeem Malik (Ext. 797)" <Na...@FINEOS.com> on 2006/02/27 14:13:06 UTC

[users@httpd] Accessing attachment in message-style or document/literal servic e

Hi all

>From long time I am not able to access the attachment. could any one please
help me regarding the following problem

I am using message-style service method (not RPC mode), now at client side I
can attach any attachment (i.e. binary file or in my case xml file) and can
send our the wire by using the HTTP protocol  but now the server side I cant
access the only attachment because there are only 4 methods (see axis user
guide for reference) allowed in messaging-style service. which are

1>>public Element [] method(Element [] bodies);
2>>public SOAPBodyElement [] method (SOAPBodyElement [] bodies);
3>>public Document method(Document body);
4>>public void method(SOAPEnvelope req, SOAPEnvelope resp);

now I am using the 4th one after trying the 3rd one, now I can get the
soapEnvelope but not able to get the soapMessage actually which contain
attachments and soapEnvelope etc.

Now the each method doesn't allow to access the soapMessage object( kind of
container for AttachementPart & SOAPPart), or there might be another way to
access the SOAPmessage object because if I get the soapMessage object then I
will use the following method and can retrieve any number of attachments.
SOAPMessage.getAttachments();
Now do any one know how to access the attachment by using above 4 method
signatures.

 here is my client application code where I am attaching the file

 SOAPConnectionFactory scf = SOAPConnectionFactory.newInstance();

 SOAPConnection sc = scf.createConnection();
 MessageFactory msgFactory = MessageFactory.newInstance();

 SOAPMessage message = msgFactory.createMessage(new
 MimeHeaders(),
 new ByteArrayInputStream(getXMLMessage).getBytes()));

 SOAPPart soapPart = message.getSOAPPart();

 AttachmentPart attpart = message.createAttachmentPart();
        //there i am attaching the XML document
           attpart.setContent(getXMLAttachment(),"text/plain");

           message.addAttachmentPart(attpart);

           URLEndpoint urlEndPoint = new
 URLEndpoint("http://localhost:9999/axis/services/claimmsgservice");

           //System.out.println("before call service
 "+message.getAttachments());

          SOAPMessage response = sc.call(message, urlEndPoint);

 but on server side I am not able to access the SOAPMessage
 object because of the limitation of 4 types of method

I would really appreciate if some one could help me in this matter.

Thanks & regards

Naeem Malik

Naeem Malik
Technical Consultancy Team
___________________________

FINEOS Corporation

Pembroke House
8 - 10 Lower Pembroke St
Dublin 2

Email:	Naeem.Malik@FINEOS.com
Ph:	+353 1 6399797(Direct)
Fax: 	+353 1 6399701
Why don't you visit our website at http://www.FINEOS.com

ENTERPRISE SOLUTIONS FOR BANKING AND INSURANCE

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential, may be
privileged and is intended only for the user of the recipient named above.
If you are not the intended recipient or a representative of the intended
recipient, you have received this e-mail in error and must not copy, use
or disclose the contents of this e-mail to anybody else.  If you have
received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately
by return e-mail and permanently delete the copy you received.
This e-mail has been swept for computer viruses.  However, you should
carry out your own virus checks.
Registered in Ireland, No. 205721.  http://www.FINEOS.com