Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Christian Gregoire <cg...@ci-soft.com> on 2003/06/18 19:13:11 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache truncates filenames

Hello guys,

I've installed Apache 1.3.27 on Windows XP. I want to run CGI scripts whose
extension is .chtml
I do have :
AddHandler cgi-script .chtml
Options <...> ExecCGI
in the conf file.

So far so good, except that when Apache runs the script, it truncates the
filename.
I get :
c:\PROGRA~1\APACHE~1\apache\htdocs\gestmat\site\ENTREE~1.CHT

when the real filename is ENTREE.CHTML

That is, my engine being cilvm.exe, it runs :

cilvm.exe c:\PROGRA~1\APACHE~1\apache\htdocs\gestmat\site\ENTREE~1.CHT

The CGI is run but it can't get far since the parameter is broken.

Does anyone have an idea of what's happening ? Does it have to do with
extension being more than 3-character wide ?

Christian

RE: [users@httpd] Apache truncates filenames

Posted by Christian Gregoire <cg...@ci-soft.com>.
The first line of entree.chtml is :
#!c:/program files/ci-link/bin/cilvm
and i can run it on the command line without any problem.

ScriptInterpreterSource is not set.

If i use .cht extension instead of .chtml, it's OK. I keep thinking it has
to do with extension more than 3-character wide.

In the meantime, i've installed Apache 2.0.46 and it works fine.

Christian.

> That is, my engine being cilvm.exe, it runs :
 >
> cilvm.exe c:PROGRA~1APACHE~1apachehtdocsgestmatsiteENTREE~1.CHT
 >
> The CGI is run but it can't get far since the parameter is broken.

Weird behaviour. I've run Apache on Windows 2k and XP without any such
issues.

Is cilvm.exe invoked via the shebang, or some other way? Do you have
ScriptInterpreterSource set to Registry or Script?

> Does anyone have an idea of what's happening ? Does it have to do with
> extension being more than 3-character wide ?

Not unthinkable, have you tried with another extension?

Regards,
Robert Andersson

Re: [users@httpd] Apache truncates filenames

Posted by Robert Andersson <ro...@profundis.nu>.