Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Tom Ray [Lists]" <li...@blazestudios.com> on 2006/08/31 09:19:44 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache 2.0.59 with SSL installation issue.

I was able to install Apache 2.0.59 without SSL on this server but we
need SSL support now. I've tried to re-compile Apache without any luck.
I can configure it just fine but I run "make" that's when I get an
error. I'm getting this:

modules/ssl/.libs/mod_ssl.a(ssl_engine_kernel.o): In function
`ssl_hook_Access':
/home/tech/upgrades/httpd-2.0.59/modules/ssl/ssl_engine_kernel.c:619:
undefined reference to `X509_STORE_CTX_set_depth'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [httpd] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/tech/upgrades/httpd-2.0.59'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

I'm trying to install Apache 2.0.59 with Openssl 0.9.8b my configure
command is:

./configure  --prefix=/usr/local/apachessl2 --enable-so --enable-ssl
--with-ssl=/usr/local/ssl

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.0.59 with SSL installation issue.

Posted by "Tom Ray [Lists]" <li...@blazestudios.com>.
Thanks for that, I did some digging and it turns out an old version of
Openssl is on the server and it looks like there's a conflict even after
I put in --with-ssl=/usr/local/ssl (where 0.9.8b is and where 0.9.8.a was).

I'm going to re-compile Openssl to use the paths of the old version.

Posted by Richard de Vries <ri...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by "Tom Ray [Lists]" <li...@blazestudios.com>.

Posted by "Tom Ray [Lists]" <li...@blazestudios.com>.
Well the server was originally running 1.3.33, so I was just installing
2.0.59 in a completely different location. But I did manage to find a
fix for it all. It appears that 0.6.3 was installed on the server (or
something close to that I can't recall the exact version) and it was
installed in /usr/bin/, /usr/local/, and /usr/includes. The 0.9.8a and
0.9.8b where/are installed in /usr/local/ssl. When I just ran >openssl
from the command line and typed in "version" it kept giving me the 0.6.3
version. So I just did this:

rm /usr/bin/openssl
ln -s /usr/local/ssl/bin/openssl /usr/bin/openssl
make clean
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apachessl2 --enable-ssl --enable-so

I was able to fully install Apache 2.0.59 with the above steps and I'm
now running it with PHP 4.4.2 with mcrypt so the goal was achieved.

Thanks for all the help everyone!

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.

Posted by Richard de Vries <ri...@yahoo.com>.