Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Paul Hunnisett <ph...@bigfoot.com> on 2002/05/21 13:06:39 UTC

Does Apache support messaging?

I hope this isn't a really stupid question, but how far does Axis go in
supporting messaging as opposed to RPC?  I know I can do RPC, but what
if I want to just send some XML as part of a SOAP message?  If this is
supported can someone please let me know of any good resources in
learning how to do it?

Paul Hunnisett

Re: Does Apache support messaging?

Posted by Andrew Vardeman <an...@iastate.edu>.
couldn't tell you.  browsed the source for Call and MessageContext and all
I see is a property with getter/setter methods.  Setting this property in
the Call object sets a corresponding property in MessageContext, which is
the "bag" that holds all the useful information about a SOAP
Envelope/transaction/whatever.  I'm sure something, somewhere in the code
uses it.  Maybe some nice developer will jump in and say how--

Andrew

Posted by Sudhir <su...@infolead.com>.

Posted by Andrew Vardeman <an...@iastate.edu>.

Posted by Paul Hunnisett <ph...@bigfoot.com>.